APTEI: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome 101
About The Course
This online continuing education course by Bahram Jam, founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI) will review the most clinically relevant studies on Complex Regional Pain Syndrome(CRPS) and clearly discuss 10 PT management options for this extremely challenging and debilitating condition. Bahram jam also explains the non-pharmacological approaches to managing CRPS.
In This Online Healthcare Course, You Will Learn:
1) Review a number of clinical facts on CRPS and the potential challenges with diagnosing and treating patients with this condition
2) Review the latest guidelines for diagnosing CRPS
3) Review several PT management options for CRPS such as
- Re-assurance of recovery
- Encouragement to functionally use the extremity
- Appropriate pain education
- Graded Motor Imagery (GMI)
- Pain Exposure Therapy
- Graded Sensory Exposure
- Brain Visualization
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for all health care providers who care for patients diagnosed with CRPS including physical therapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, and physicians interesting in non-pharmacological approaches to managing CRPS.
What’s Included In This Online Healthcare Course?
- 1.5 hours of video lessons.
- Downloadable resources which you can use and share with your patients
- Ability to take notes next to each video lesson throughout the course
- Indefinite access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- 6 patient education that can be shared with your patients electronically through Embodia with a $15/month subscription. This allows your patients to access what you send them on a mobile or web app, track their progress and receive push notifications to remind them to do their exercises. Click here to learn more about Embodia Home Exercise Program.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Can I Share a Course with a Friend or Colleague? How does the Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
PT, D.SC.PT, M.PHTY, B.SC.PT, FCAMT
Bahram is a physiotherapist and founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI). He's taught 1000+ continuing education courses to healthcare professionals across Canada & internationally.
He has instructed over one thousand post-graduate orthopaedic and pain science courses and has been a guest presenter at several physiotherapy and medical conferences across Canada and internationally.
His primary clinical approach is to identify relevant functional impairments and determine the best self-management strategy to maximize patient independence.
Course Material included in this course
Welcome and Resources
CRPS 101 Quiz
Lesson 2: Signs & Symptoms
Lesson 3: Re-assure, Encourage, Educate
Lesson 4: GMI Levels 1-5
Lesson 5: Graded Sensory Exposure
Lesson 6: Brain Visualization 6
Lesson 7: Review of the Top 10 Management Options for CRPS
A gift :)
Patient Education included in this course
Laterality Discrimination Sheet (Foot)
Video: Brain Visualization (BV6) Guided Audio
Video: Brain Visualization (BV6) Explained
Brain Visualization (BV6) Instruction sheet
CRPS Recovery Plan Sheet
Laterality Discrimination Sheet (Hand)