Lasers and More for Bladder Conditions
About The Course:
In this online physiotherapy course, Dean Alterman, MD, MSC, FRCSC will give an overview of urology in terms of vitamin updates, lasers, bladder conditions, and medications. We will discuss the common conditions of overactive bladder in males and females, benign prostate enlargement and incontinence in males, and urinary symptoms. This course will also explain the symptoms and the reasons behind these conditions and will provide solutions to overcome them. You will also learn about nocturia polyuria, sacral neuromodulation, botox, prostatic urethral lift and the background to incontilase.
In This Online Physiotherapy Course, You’ll Learn:
- An introduction to lasers for bladder conditions.
- About over-active bladder (OAB).
- What is nocturia polyuria?
- What is sacral neuromodulation?
- How to explain botox to patients.
- What is the prostate?
- The background of incontinence.
- About frequently asked questions.
What’s Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- 49 minutes of the video lessons.
- Bite-sized information: All of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A special coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Who Is This Course For?
This online course is for all rehabilitation professionals, including physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, chiropractors, athletic therapists, exercise therapists, kinesiologists among others. This course is also relevant for movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
Can I Share a Course with a Friend or Colleague? How does the Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
This course imparted by Pelvic Health Solutions (PHS) contains the recorded lectures from the 5th annual Pelvic Health Symposium in 2018. This course will challenge your theoretical and practical knowledge of pelvic health. Listen to their knowledge, and deepen your understanding of pelvic health and all of the factors that will make you a top-notch, excellent practitioner. You don’t have to be a practicing internal pelvic health therapist in order to benefit from this course - If your patient has a pelvis, you will benefit from this online course!
Learn the science, critical reasoning and inter-disciplinary approaches needed to fully understand the direction that pelvic health is taking in your community, provincially, nationally and internationally.
MD, MSc, FRCSC
Course Material included in this course
Lasers and More for Bladder Conditions
Introduction to Over Active Bladder(OAB)
Questions and Answer