Introduction to Medical Therapeutic Yoga
Welcome to the Medical Therapeutic Yoga Workshop! I am thrilled that you've decided to take this next step toward transforming your practice and improving patient care.
The model of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine, practiced through the lens of Medical Therapeutic Yoga, is sustainable, low-tech, low-cost, and requires little overhead or equipment.
PT's, OT's, & similar practitioners are ideally suited to deliver this model through the integrative lens of mindfulness, chiefly through the Medical Therapeutic Yoga method.
This workshop introduces you to the dual certification programs in Integrative Lifestyle Medicine & Medical Therapeutic Yoga.
The MTY Certification will help you diversify your income stream and therapy skill set, increase your value, and tackle burnout and compassion fatigue. This program will change the way you approach patient care AND self-care.
This program is for you if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do your patients suffer from comorbidities and/or make lifestyle choices that hinder their progress with you?
- Have you ever felt frustrated, burnout, or compassion fatigue because of your career?
- Would you like to learn exactly how lifestyle choices impact your clinical outcomes?
- Do you want to learn how to harness the power of health coaching to get your patients to follow through?
This one-hour online webinar will transform the way you look at patients. It will:
- Increase your effectiveness as a therapist;
- Introduce you to the foundations of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine through the lens of Medical Therapeutic Yoga;
- Help streamline clinical decision-making by finding root causes of pain and disease instead of just treating a diagnosis;
- Improve patient outcomes and satisfaction in less time and with less burden on you and the patient; and
- Tackle persistent pain and complex comorbidities that are hindering your patient and client outcomes.
What You Will Learn
- The vital signs of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
- The distinctive roles of Lifestyle, Integrative, & Functional Medicine.
- What best-practice methods of Lifestyle Medicine & Integrative Medicine look like.
- What lifestyle factors impact clinical outcomes, chronic disease, and manage or halt chronic pain conditions.
- Your expanded scope of practice with this new skillset.
- The importance of therapeutic landscape and partnership in improving patient outcomes.
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine & its practice of Medical Therapeutic Yoga will expand your scope and reach into your community, improve patient outcomes, and grow your referral network.
Whether you are a generalist or specialist PT, OT, PTA, COTA, or ATC, you will benefit from learning how this method directly impacts musculoskeletal and neuromuscular outcomes across the lifespan.
PT, DPT, ATC, LAT
Dr. Garner is a physical therapist, author, educator and founder of Living Well Institute. She received her master and doctorate degrees from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is also a licensed athletic trainer (ATC, LAT) professional yoga therapist (PYT), and board certified in Lifestyle Medicine (DipACLM). She has specialized in chronic pain & orthopaedics in women’s health since 1995 and opened one of the first integrative yoga-based PT clinics in the US in 1999. She launched Living Well, Inc. in 2000 and Professional Yoga Therapy Institute® in 2001, where she has since trained thousands of therapists and doctors worldwide. Dr. Garner is the author of Medical Therapeutic Yoga, slated for translated in 4 foreign languages. She balances teaching and writing with her clinical practice, EudeMOMia,TM located in Greensboro, NC.
Ginger is active in the American Physical Therapy Association and serves as the North Carolina Legislative Chair. She also serves the US National Committee for UN Women as secretary of the board of directors. Ginger is committed to resolving equality issues in healthcare, which she believes is at the heart of nurturing real healthcare reform. In her spare time, Ginger performs with choral groups around the world and also conducts physical therapy-based vocal performance workshops. Ginger lives with her husband, three sons, and their rescue pup, Scout, in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA. Visit Ginger at www.integrativelifestylemed.com.